The SMA Trust
Registered Charity Number 1097765
Since its inception in 2003, The SMA Trust has been successful in attracting some substantial start-up funds, sufficient to pursue a serious research programme. But new funds are now needed if we are to keep up the momentum that has been created. A new fundraising effort is now being launched to secure the future of our grant activity which has become central to UK – and now European – research into SMA.
The momentum Campaign
We are currently running an appeal to raise £2million for Spinal Muscular Atrophy Research. We have already raised over £900,000 (updated April 2012). We need your help to reach our target to ensure that we have the funds to support research centres of excellence over the next five years. Find out more about The MAD Challenge.
Ways You Can Help
Here are some of the ways you can help us raise funds for SMA research:
- Donate by text: you can simply text the amount you wish to give from your mobile phone. Simply text SMAT01 £10 to 70070 to donate £10 (or whatever amount you wish!). It's as simple as that.
- Donate direct to us through PayPal, cutting out the fees levied by third parties. This is the simplest and easiest way to make a one-off donation to us. We receive the funds and claim Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer.
- Donate a regular monthly sum of your choosing via Direct Debit through JustGiving. Click the button and you can register quickly and simply.
- Set up a fund-raising event and get your friends to support you – a simple route to giving to the SMA Trust - www.justgiving.com/smatrust
- Donate online via TheBigGive. This is a great way for you to donate, with the maximum funds reaching the trust's work, with Gift Aid claimed for UK taxpayers.
- Sell your goods on eBay and donate a proportion of the value to The SMA Tust; from 10-100% of the proceeds of any auction can be donated. Just select the charity during the listing process and add us as a favourite charity in EBay.
- Make a gift in your will. Anyone can donate a sum – or ask for assets that exceed the inheritance tax threshold (currently £325,000) to be given to charity. Full instructions on how to do this are given on www.rememberacharity.org.uk.
- Payroll giving – the “give as you earn” scheme for those on PAYE. By giving through this scheme you receive full income tax relief. For a basic rate taxpayer a £10 donation will cost just £8; for a higher rate tax payer this will cost £6. Contact your payroll department or visit www.payrollgivingcentre.org.uk.
Or send us a cheque (with an accompanying Gift Aid form) to:
The SMA Trust, Compton Scorpion, Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire CV36 4PJ
The Trust is looking to raise funds for further research into Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Both small and large contributions are welcome. If you can help, and would like a private discussion or a presentation about our work, we would be delighted to hear from you. Email us via our contact page.
Lastly, THANK YOU!