1. Dr. Paul Higgins, Partek Pharmaceuticals, USA: "Tetracycline compounds as SMN2 splicing modifiers for the treatment of SMA".
2. Dr. Monir Shababi, University of Missouri, USA: "A two-pronged approach to develop a treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy".
3. Professor Margarida Gama Carvalho, University of Lisbon: "Characterization of post-transcriptional control mechanisms regulating SMN2 gene expression.
4. Professor Giacomo Pietro Comi, University of Milan, Italy: "Development of a stem cell approach for treating spinal muscular atrophy."
1. Dr. Béatrice Joussemet, Université de Nantes, France (Post-doctoral fellowship): " Evaluation of new AAV-mediated gene therapy strategies in a feline model of Spinal Muscular Atrophy".
2. Dr. Claudia Fallini, Emori University, Atlanta, USA: (Post-doctoral fellowship) "Analysis of mRNA transport and local protein synthesis in axons of SMA motor neurons".
3. Professor Umrao Monani, Columbia University, USA: "Investigating the temporal requirements of the SMN protein in SMA".
4. Dr. Rachel Nlend Nlend, University of Bern, Switzerland (Post-doctoral fellowship): "Gene therapy for Spinal Muscular Atrophy by a correction of SMN2 mRNA splicing".