- Location: Ilmington (South Warwickshire)
- Date: 6th May 2017
- Registration fee: From £30
- Minimum sponsorship: Minimum sponsorship £150
- Activity level: Medium to high
Join us on 6th May 2017 for the Ride Scorpion cycle with a choice of 2 circular routes.
This is a cycle ride to suit everyone! Whether it’s taking on the challenging hills of the 66 mile route or stretching yourself on the 20 miler, this is an opportunity to get a team together and enjoy a Saturday in the saddle.
The 66 mile route offers stunning views of Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire and challenges you with steep hills and windy roads. The 20 mile route gives you the chance to see beautiful villages and appreciate the wonderful countryside, with less hills to contend with.
Both circular rides start and finish at The Howard Arms in the beautiful village of Ilmington, Warwickshire (CV36 4LT). There will be a welcome reception to celebrate your achievement at the finish line.
66 mile route: £50 (50% discount on the registration fee if you pledge to raise a minimum of £150). This ride is suitable for children aged 15 and above.
20 mile route: £30 (50% discount on the registration fee if you pledge to raise a minimum of £150) This ride is suitable for children aged 12 and above.
Your registration fee includes:
- An SMA Trust t-shirt
- Map and route instructions
- Support vehicle with a fabulous bike mechanic Ian Batham on board from Batham Bikes
- Refreshment stop enroute for the 66 mile riders
- Refreshments and entertainment at The Howard Arms to welcome you back and celebrate your achievement!
This year, we are hoping our Ride Scorpion cyclists will help us raise £30,000. This will pay for 6 months of pioneering research into the causes of and treatments for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, bringing us ever closer to a cure.
Note: There is also an independent group riding 100 miles from London to Ilmington, if you are interested in joining them, please email us.